At CES2022, recent Gentex technology acquisitions, partnerships, and prototypes were showcased in a special Innovation Lab at the Gentex booth, including the most recent iteration of the company’s smart lighting system for surgical and patient care environments.
New Acquisitions, partnerships, and prototypes
Gentex is partnering with eSight, a leading provider of vision enhancement technology.
More than 295 million people globally live with visual impairments
Can interfere with the daily activities of life
Gentex to provide product design, device size optimization, vision system and display enhancements.
Wearable vision-enhancement technology
eSight’s electronic eyewear digitally enhances sight to overcome low vision
Gentex recently announced a partnership with RetiSpec to commercialize technology for the early detection of Alzheimer’s disease. RetiSpec is an artificial intelligence (AI) medical imaging company developing a tool for the early detection of disease biomarkers in the eye.
- Gentex will provide its engineering, imager development, software, and manufacturing expertise to help commercialize the technology
Vaporsens pioneered a unique nanofiber sensing technology capable of detecting a wide variety of chemicals, from explosives to volatile organic compounds, with widespread application in a multitude of industries.
Gentex acquired Vaporsens to commercialize the technology for use in automotive, aerospace, agriculture, and other industries.
- High demand for effective, sensitive, easy-to-use, sensing devices
- Multiple use cases across numerous industries
- Growing list of chemicals requiring monitoring
Gentex is partnering with Mayo Clinic to co-develop a smart lighting system for surgical and patient-care environments.
- Hands-free user interface
- Integrated machine-vision camera
- Shadow mitigation
- Polarized lensing to minimize
- Potential for integrated UVGI system