At CES, Gentex highlights its expertise in digital vision by demonstrating new features for its industry-leading Full Display Mirror® (FDM®), an intelligent rear-vision system that uses a custom camera and mirror-integrated video display to optimize a vehicle’s rearward view. The system captures video from a rearward-facing camera and streams it to a unique mirror-integrated LCD that provides the driver with an unobstructed, panoramic view behind the vehicle.
- DVR integrated in mirror and mount assembly
- Eliminates need for power cables and windscreen mounts
- Optional integrated SD card slot
- View recordings directly on Full Display Mirror
- Potential to capture front and rear video
- Record accidents, vandalism, break-ins, etc.
- All-new companion app
- FDM-integrated selfie cam
- Take in-cabin selfies using mirror-integrated cameras
- Optional Capture The Moment concept feature upgrade
- Combine selfie cam with metadata from vehicle bus
- Concept feature
- Pinch to zoom, tilt, pan, adjust brightness, etc.
- Quick-touch interface for access to additional features