HomeLink by Gentex is the most widely used and trusted car-to-home automation system, with nearly 100 million HomeLink-equipped vehicles on the road today.
HomeLink consists of vehicle-integrated programmable buttons that use radio frequency to conveniently and reliably operate your garage door opener, security gate and other radio frequency-compatible devices.
HomeLink Can Operate:
- Garage door openers
- Security gates
- Door locks
- Interior/exterior lighting
- Security systems
- Smart outlets
Multiple Integration Options
HomeLink has multiple integration options, making it easy to add to a wide variety of vehicles, from cars and SUVs to motorcycles and ATVs.
Today, HomeLink is getting even smarter with HomeLink Connect - A HomeLink companion app that makes programming HomeLink even easier and gives drivers access to an increasing array of cloud-based home automation services.
Drivers of HomeLink Connect compatible vehicles can also download and configure the app to control individual home automation devices or set up entire home automation routines.
For instance, when heading home, one HomeLink button press could adjust your thermostat, turn on your lights, disarm the security system, unlock the door, and begin playing your favorite music.
Once configured, the app pairs with the vehicle, allowing users to activate vehicle-integrated HomeLink buttons without needing to fumble with their phone. Depending on how the OEM wants to integrate the feature, HomeLink Connect can be activated by hard buttons via a low-energy Bluetooth connection with the phone, or soft buttons created in the app that populate on the vehicle’s center stack once the phone is paired.
Dual Transmission Modes
By offering a combination of RF and cloud-based wireless control, HomeLink remains the industry standard for comprehensive, reliable vehicle-to-home automation.
HomeLink and the HomeLink Connect app bring convenience to drivers around the world, with ever expanding compatibility and use cases. They also help automakers simply and securely integrated a robust home automation platform that provides drivers with an incredible connected-car experience.
HomeLink Connect Features + Benefits
Vehicle-integrated HomeLink buttons pair with mobile phone app to operate home automation devices.
Completely reprogrammable to control individual devices or entire scenes within the “smart things” eco system.
Allows you to interact with your smart home hub to control home lighting, door locks, alarm systems, thermostats, etc.
Operate multiple devices with a single button push.
One button can run an entire “scene” of commands (i.e. create a “coming home” scene that opens the garage door, turns on house lights, disarms security system, adjusts thermostat, begins playing music).
No need to access phone.
Can be integrated with OEM smart vehicle app and vehicle user interface.
The Integrated Toll Module® or ITM® is the industry’s first toll collection technology that comes conveniently integrated into the vehicle.
For drivers that travel through multiple toll roads managed by different tolling authorities, it means hassling with multiple toll tags and multiple accounts. ITM brings the different toll systems together in a single integrated solution that allows drivers to breeze through toll collection points across the country, all under one account.
- Works on over 98% of toll roads in the U.S.
- Compatibility with over 15 tolling brands
- Single account toll management
- Seamlessly integrated into your vehicle
- No battery replacement required
- Touchless payment transaction
Gentex is partnering with PayByCar, an innovator in contactless, in-vehicle payment technology. PayByCar will use Gentex's ITM® to identify vehicles at gas stations and complete fueling transactions with the driver's smartphone
- Users register for PayByCar online
- Toll transponder locates vehicles at gas station
- Pump number confirmed via text message
- PayByCar turns on pump and executes transaction
Gentex is partnering with Simplenight, a global technology company with expertise in customizable bookability.
- Mobile "e-concierge" services
- Book travel, entertainment, and more
- Gentex to integrate Simplenight in its HomeLink Connect app
- Can be integrated with branded OEM vehicle apps, nav systems, etc.
Gentex is providing camera-based monitoring for today through autonomous using mirror-integrated cameras and emitters that provide a host of monitoring and communication services. Gentex offers scalable solutions from driver-centric features to wholistic vehicle monitoring.
In 2021, Gentex acquired Guardian Optical Technologies, an Israeli startup that pioneered a unique, multi-modal sensor technology designed to provide a comprehensive suite of driver and cabin-monitoring solutions for the automotive industry.
Driver Monitoring Systems
Gentex's mirror-integrated, camera-based driver monitoring system (DMS) can monitor alertness, gaze location, behavior, and driver readiness for autopilot return of control.
- Driver distraction
- Driver drowsiness
- Return of manual vehicle control
Next-gen systems must not only monitor the driver, but also the passengers and the entire vehicle cabin. Gentex’s in-cabin monitoring system (ICMS) incorporates passenger activity by tracking:
- Occupant detection
- Passenger posture and behavior
- Objects left behind
- Restraint optimization
- Iris-scan occupant authentication for custom security, comfort and convenience
- Mirror-borne camera and emitters; ideal location for system components
- System provides secure, customized vehicle operation and personalization
- Authorizes secure in-vehicle transactions and other V2I functionality
Gentex is experienced in sensing technology. Combining our smoke and chemical detection technologies offer complete, wholistic sensing applications for the automotive industry and other key markets.
Gentex’s in-vehicle smoke detector uses particulate sensing to detect smoke or vape. The module continuously samples active or passive airflow from the vehicle cabin.
- For the detection of smoke, vape, VOCs, explosives and other airborne contaminates
- Sensor located in vehicle’s HVAC ductwork or overhead unit
- Ideal for ride sharing and autonomous vehicles
- Keep passengers safe and fleet vehicles in operation
In 2020, Gentex acquired the Utah-based startup, Vaporsens – A nanofiber sensing technology is that is capable of detecting a wide variety of chemicals, from explosives to volatile organic compounds, with widespread application in a multitude of industries.
- Uses nanofiber sensors tuned to detect target chemicals
- Nanofibers “capture” targeted molecules from air sampling
- Allows for the survey of ambient air, headspace or gaseous samples
- Rapid response – within seconds
- High sensitivity