Over the years, Gentex has systematically transformed itself into a technology company, vertically integrated and proficient in a wide range of unique core competencies. Today, Gentex is growing its product portfolio and transforming its tech not only for automotive uses, but also entirely new markets
Nanofiber Chemical Detection
Vaporsens pioneered a unique nanofiber sensing technology capable of detecting a wide variety of chemicals, from explosives to volatile organic compounds, with widespread application in a multitude of industries.
- Uses a net of nanofibers approximately one thousand times smaller in size than human hair
- Absorbs targeted molecules from sampled gas and identify them via changes in their electrical resistance
- Rapid detection of target chemicals with high sensitivity in the parts per billion and parts per trillion ranges
- Allows for the survey of ambient air, headspace, or gaseous samples
- Wearable, portable, industrial, and outdoor sensing units in development
Camera-Controlled Surgical Lighting
Gentex is co-developing a smart lighting system for surgical and patient-care environments that allows medical staff to place focused illumination when and where it’s needed.
- Extension of Gentex’s SmartBeam® technology, which uses machine vision to optimize a vehicle’s forward lighting
- Hands-free, ceiling-mounted lighting units provide dynamically adjustable task lighting
- Banks of camera-controlled, dynamically adjustable LED arrays work in concert to optimize light in the defined surgical or examination field
- Can be integrated into ceiling-mounted laminar air flow systems for improved room efficiency and aesthetics
AI Medical Imaging
Gentex is partnering with RetiSpec to commercialize technology for the early detection of Alzheimer’s disease. RetiSpec is an artificial intelligence (AI) medical imaging company developing a tool for the early detection of disease biomarkers in the eye.
- By harnessing hyperspectral imagery, the technology allows for the rapid, simple and cost-effective identification of Alzheimer's biomarkers years before the emergence of clinical symptoms
- In preclinical and feasibility studies, the retinal imaging technology was effective in detecting small changes in biomarkers associated with elevated cerebral amyloid beta levels early in the disease process
- Test can be performed fully onsite and seamlessly integrated into clinical workflow to streamline decision making
- Offers significant potential savings to the healthcare system and increasing the efficiency of therapeutic clinical trials
Wearable Vision Enhancement
eSight is a leading provider of vision enhancement technology committed to helping the legally blind and those with low vision regain sight via mobile electronic eyewear.
- Clinically proven medical devices
- Eyewear that allows users to stay on-the-go while performing the tasks of daily living
- High-speed, high-definition camera captures forward scene
- Advanced, clinically validated algorithms optimize and enhance the footage
- Video is presented on two near-to-eye screens in real time with stunning clarity
- Built-in touch controls for features like zoom and contrast