Biometric authentication allows passengers to securely access their unique flight information. A quick iris scan could provide:
- Gate numbers and connecting flight information
- Access to entertainment accounts
- Automatic payment for in-flight purchases
Intelligent aircraft cabin lighting that uses a combination of CMOS imagers and focused LED pods to shine light when and where it’s needed.
- Illuminate task areas without bothering passengers
- Automatically optimize seat lighting for reading, eating, and working
- Ideal for aisles, galleys, cockpits and baggage compartments
Another Gentex emerging technology in aerospace is a comprehensive environmental sensing unit.
- Chemical and particulate sensing
- Uses a variety of sensing methods
- Tuned to identify explosive or incendiary components
- Monitors cabin air quality while detecting smoke, vape and other airborne contaminants
Using proprietary transflective coatings, this mirror-integrated display concept can be used for flight-related information on private aircrafts.
- Display integrated behind reflective glass
- Perfect for displaying flight information and in-flight entertainment
- Can be combined with biometrics for secure access to cockpit, safes, etc.